[Koha] Koha Backup

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 22 11:35:37 NZST 2013

Hi,

>I have made a fresh install of Koha 3.12.4 on a Debian machine X, with all
>the optional set of patrons, libraries, itemtypes etc.,. I have another
>instance of Koha running in a seperate Debian machine Y. Now I want to
>restore the data from Y to X without any change to the data in my fresh
>install X.

I am assuming you want to keep your configuration and data already in X and only import data from Y into X.

If that is the case, then you can go to the Tools, and click on "Export data". You would then be able to export out your bibliography and authority records. The next data you may want to get out will be patrons record. For that you will need to generate a report that you can download.

You will then need to import the biblios and authority from the stage MARC for import link in Tools and also import your patrons from a link in the same Tools page.

Cheers.

Olugbenga Adara