[Koha] Koha 3.12.3 Live DVD released

Vimal Kumar V. vimal0212 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 03:47:23 NZST 2013

Dear Mao,

I would like to share some thoughts on your doubts.

> These commands update koha to latest version which is 3.12.4 now, not
3.12.3.

Can we lock  to version 3.12.3 without any upgrades?
In my knoweledge the same securiy fixes are available with 3.12.4.

> One more thing, what is your opinion about last email from Mark
Tompsett about change MySQL password? Could you update readme file
accordingly?
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2013-September/037294.html

Main audience of Live DVD is Koha and Linux newbies.
Managing veditor is very difficulty for newbies.
Leafpad is the default editor of Live DVD.
Directions to open conf file using leafpad will be easy.
Users can easily find the exact line using Find option in leafpad.
I will rewrite the read me file based on leafpad editor.

Its nice someone create a wiki page for Koha master password change.

Regards,

--
Vimal Kumar V.
Technical Assistant