[Koha] [Koha-devel] about patronimages and photo of borrowers

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Wed Sep 4 02:11:03 NZST 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Samuel Desseaux <samuel.desseaux at ecp.fr>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've a question:
>
>  When i enabled the system preferences "patronimages", photo of borrower
> can be imported in koha but
>
> 1)where these photos are located in koha?

They are stored in the db. (see the link Nicole posted) This was originally
to avoid security issues involved in writing to the file system.

>  2)where i have to define the source where i dowload photos?

You can upload patron images individually by accessing the patron account
in the staff interface. Bulk upload is also possible via the Tool menu in
the staff interface.

> 3)How is made the link between the borrower and his photo (all the
> borrowers com from our ldap)?

I'm not quite sure how to answer this one given that I am not familiar with
Koha's ldap code. Maybe someone else can comment who uses both ldap and
patron images.

Kind Regards,
Chris