[Koha] migration to koha

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Oct 24 14:22:29 NZDT 2013

Richard Maileseni schreef op do 24-10-2013 om 12:28 [+1300]:
> Im working on how to migrate to Koha from another ILS. Ive finished
> installing Koha but just wondering if anyone could help me on ways of
> migrating to koha. what are things that i might need to do or know
> before
> continuing from this point.

That's not really an easy question to give a simple answer, there's a
lot involved.

However, in a nutshell:
* Get the biblio and item data out of the existing system in a usable
format. Preferably MARC, but if you can only do CSV, then use that.
* Poke at the data (I use Perl scripts for this[0]) until it fits what
Koha needs, in MARC format.
* Load the data into Koha, find mistakes, repeat.
* Do the same for the borrower and circulation data.

It's also worth asking here if anyone has expertise in the particular
system that you're migrating from.

I should really write a wiki page on this.

[0] The tools I use are here:
https://gitorious.org/koha-toolbox/catalyst-koha-migration-toolbox

--
Robin Sheat