[Koha] Importing books creates multiple items

John Palmer writing2009 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 05:56:39 NZDT 2013

I'm having a similar problem. I have 10 attributes per excel tuple. Two
attributes (the 100 and 245 fields) map correctly in the underlying MARC21
data, but each of the 952 field are imported as separate tuples instead of
all into the first tuple. Correspondingly, I get eight individual items
created, each only one of the 952 attributes.

I found that during mapping the excel data into the appropriate 952 fields,
MarcEdit 5.9 creates a separate 952 entry for each individual attribute.
These separate 952 items are apparently is imported as separate books
rather than a single book.

I speculate that creating a single 952 cell and populating the data with
the appropriate MARC data delimiters ($a, $b ...) would solve this problem,
but that seems suboptimal on a large scale import.