[Koha] Software errors while searching webopac by author field

Shiva Kumara shivu.rm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 19:54:31 NZDT 2013

On 14/11/2013, Robin Sheat <robin at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
> Shiva Kumara schreef op wo 13-11-2013 om 17:06 [+0530]:
>> We had installed koah 3.12.06 on ubuntu, we noticed that while
>> searching webopac by author field got software errors. But we noticed
>> small
>> “a” prefixed with author name, if we go search like “aAuthor” then
>> only
>> search results are positive. What could be the problem?
>
> You don't tell us what the software errors actually are, without them we
> can't do anything except guess. It sounds pretty strange though. Can you
> also include the URLs that result when it works and when it doesn't? For
> searching issues, it's also worth doing a full zebra rebuild, just in
> case something has upset the search index.

Software error was for searching author name "nanjappa"as following

Software error:

runtime error: file
/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/MARC21slimUtils.xsl
line 76 element param
xsltApplyXSLTTemplate: A potential infinite template recursion was detected.
You can adjust xsltMaxDepth (--maxdepth) in order to raise the maximum
number of nested template calls and variables/params (currently set to
250).
Templates:
#0 name chopPunctuation
#1 name chopPunctuation
#2 name chopPunctuation
#3 name chopPunctuation
#4 name chopPunctuation
#5 name chopPunctuation
#6 name chopPunctuation
#7 name chopPunctuation
#8 name chopPunctuation
#9 name chopPunctuation
#10 name chopPunctuation
#11 name chopPunctuation
#12 name chopPunctuation
#13 name chopPunctuation
#14 name chopPunctuation
Variables:
var length
chopString
var length
chopString
var length
chopString
var length
chopString
var length
chopString
var length
chopString
var length
chopString
var length
 at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/XSLT.pm line 240

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]),
giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
Object is a number : 11 Object is a string : Agronomy Object is a
number : 12 Object is a string : Agronomy Object is a number : 13
Object is a string : Agronomy Object is a number : 14 Object is a
string : Agronomy Object is a number : 15 Object is a string :
Agronomy Object is a number : 16 Object is a string : Agronomy Object
is a number : 17 Object is a string : Agronomy Object is a number : 18

We rebuild the zebra index also.