[Koha] News Screen Behaviour Question

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 7 18:06:24 NZDT 2013

Greetings,

I am currently working on Bug 7567, News by Library, and one thing that came
up while testing is the filtering. I have a very simple question which
doesn't even require applying a patch. It just requires staff client access
and news access. I know the screen has been basically the same since 3.4.

1) Log into your staff client
2) Click 'Tools'
3) Click 'News' (Additional Tools column, 4th item)

There is a "Display location" label just below the pretty "+ New Entry"
button. Beside that is a drop down list. When you first come to this page it
says "All" and displays every news item in a nice table below. This seems
good to me.

The problem comes in when you then:
1) Select something other than All
2) Click the 'Filter' button.

It filters it correctly, but the drop down list value displayed still says
"All".

My question is this:
Should it display "All" or the value for which it is filtering?

Your feedback is very much appreciated,
Mark Tompsett