[Koha] Patches to test for 3.16

Brendan Gallagher info at bywatersolutions.com
Thu Nov 7 16:18:37 NZDT 2013

Thanks Jonathan -

Emails like this are encouraging...  I'll see what I can test :)

-Brendan

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Jonathan Druart <
jonathan.druart at biblibre.com> wrote:

> Hello Koha community,
>
> As some of you know, I work for BibLibre.
> So I am a Koha developper and a member of the QA team (freshly re-elected
> for 3.16 cycle \o/).
> The 3.14 version is closed to be release and we have 6 months for working
> together for the 3.16 version.
>
> A lot of BibLibre's patches are in the patches queue (needs signoff, needs
> QA) and I think some could interest you.
> We never communicate enough.
>
> That's why I would like to list and explain some of features you can
> already tested:
>
> * Search history
> I refactored some code on search history. This has been permit to simply
> add a search history to the intranet interface.
> Moreover, I added a search history for authority searches too.
> See:
> - Bug 10807 - OPAC: There is no authority search history
> - Bug 10862 - Add an search history for the staff interface
> and linked reports.
> These ones are closed to be pushed
>
> * Acquisition module
>
> Small fixes:
> - Bug 11171 - The basket group is not displayed on the supplier list page
> - Bug 11170 - The pending order list should only display orders to receive
>
> Improvements:
> - Bug 8991 - Add a script to delete old orders
> A simple script for deleting old oeders.
>
> - Bug 11141 - Filters are not kept on receiving
> You are irritated when you receive an order to fill filters for each
> reception?
> This patch will fix that.
>
> - Bug 11018 - Add order from a reverted file
> Currently, a reverted staged file cannot be add to an order. It is caused
> by a bug.
> A simple patch will allow to do it.
>
> The only big feature in the queue for the moment is:
> - Bug 7180 - Order from staged file improvements (in failed QA).
>
> * Serials module
> - Bug 8438 - Users should only claim for serials related to their branch.
>
> - Bug 5342 - Serial claiming improvements
> This one is lost in the bug list depth. On the same way of orders, a claim
> counter will be added to the serials claims.
>
> * Reports module
> - Bug 9216 - Add a file for table headings translation and copy of this
> file during the translation process.
> This patch allows to translate headers. Currently, in the report module,
> headers are always in English.
>
> - Bug 7683 - statistic wizard: cataloging
>
> - Bug 7679 - Statistics wizard: circulation (new filters)
>
> * Circulation module
> - Bug 11120 - The date option for the overdue_notices cronjob is broken
> The overdue_notices cronjob has a --date parameter but it has never worked.
> With this patch, you will be able to generate overdue notices for a given
> date.
> It is really useful when you want to recover a failure, for example.
>
> - Bug 10860 - In-House Use
> [...]

Brendan A. Gallagher
ByWater Solutions
CEO

Support and Consulting for Open Source Software
Installation, Data Migration, Training, Customization, Hosting
and Complete Support Packages
Headquarters: Santa Barbara, CA - Office: Redding, CT
Phone # (888) 900-8944
http://bywatersolutions.com
info at bywatersolutions.com