[Koha] Importing Circulation History data

Steven Nickerson snicker1 at maine.rr.com
Fri May 24 14:02:13 NZST 2013

Hello folks,

   We're migrating from a home-grown Library Management System (using MySQL
for the DB) to Koha.   The current DB has the following fields in the
"circulation" table, and I'm wondering if anyone could provide me with the
SQL commands for me to be able to successfully get the existing data into
the old_items table in Koha's MySQL DB?   I think I can get the MySQL dump
that contains only those records in my current DB that have been returned,
but don't know the MySQL statement(s) to "import" it and exactly what fields
in Koha's 'old_items' table that are required.  Any comments/tips/thoughts
on doing this are greatly appreciated.

Current DB Circulation table:

book_id

patron_id

trans_date

trans_time

due_date

Also, I'm assuming that if I accomplish this successfully I should also be
able to do pretty much the same thing to get the currently checked-out items
imported into the 'items' table as well.does that sound like a reasonable
assumption/expectation?

THANKS!

Steve