[Koha] Fwd: Live DVD (Was: Master-password (katikoan) and Live-DVD

Chrispin Simasiku Sitali libsitali at gmail.com
Wed May 22 21:08:59 NZST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chrispin Simasiku Sitali <libsitali at gmail.com>
Date: 22 May 2013 10:13
Subject: Re: [Koha] Live DVD (Was: Master-password (katikoan) and Live-DVD
To: Mirko <5p4m at gmx.de>

Well, to be honest I really benefited from Live DVD. I am a librarian who
had no prior experience about linux. The live DVD assisted me a lot to
learn about Koha itself and the internal plumbing of linux. I am a self
taught koha and linux user. I remember at KohaCon12 in Edinburgh, Scotland
asking MJ and Chris Cormack about the possibility of a Koha Lived at the
conference. No, was the asnswer. Thanks to Mr Olugbenga Adara of Nigeria
and to my own persistence I taught my self. So it was the Live DVD, the
Koha mailing list and my own willingness to learn.

So if you ask me today, I am able to install Koha on a server with GUI or
not, configure them properly for LAN or internet access and do training. I
introduced Koha in all the teacher training colleges under the Ministry of
Education, including the three new universities Nkrumah, Mukuba, NISTCOL
and at the National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA),

I wouldn't strike the Live DVD off. Its a very nice tool to begin with, so
please dont shoot it down!

Charles Lwanga College of Education,
P. O. Box 660193,
Monze,