[Koha] Live DVD (Was: Master-password (katikoan) and Live-DVD)

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed May 22 01:27:44 NZST 2013

> my knowledge of Linux is growing but not sufficient to manage a full install from
> packages, so I'm using Vimar Kumal's Live-DVD to set up our system.

I'm not an installation expert, but based on what smarter people than
I have said, using the Live DVD instead of packages for production use
is a mistake for at least a couple of reasons: First, not many Koha
folks use the Live DVD, especially not the developers. This will make
it difficult for you to get support in the long run. Second, the
packages should make your life much easier in the long run because of
the ease of handling maintenance and upgrades.

If you're looking for help getting Koha set up, I suggest trying again
with the packages and asking questions here or in the Koha IRC
channel. Push through whatever difficulty you're having now and get
yourself to a better place for long-term maintainability.

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries