[Koha] Academic Journal Search through Koha

Zeno Tajoli z.tajoli at cineca.it
Thu May 9 19:42:54 NZST 2013

Hi Joel,

Il 09/05/2013 04:14, Joel Coehoorn ha scritto:
> We're a small college library, but we also have subscriptions to a few academic journals.
> Is it possible to set things up so that a search on koha would potentially include results
> from those journals? Would I have to inquire with the journal about getting periodic Marc
> record updates or a z39.50 connection, or is there something else I can do?
>
> I'm thinking mainly of Academic Search Premier, but we have some others as well.
> http://www.ebscohost.com/academic/academic-search-premier

if you want to search only jornal titles, the best option is to ask of
marc records from Ebsco and insert them into Koha.

If you want to search articlese titles and into articles full text the
one option is to use a Z39.50 search connection.
To integrate Koha and one or more Z39.50 search connection you can
install PazPar2 (a metasearcher) during Koha install and setup it

You can use also a discovery tool like Vufind, those tools prefer the
web API, they dislike z39.50
To integrate Vufind and Ebsco see:
http://vufind.org/jira/browse/VUFIND-636
http://vufind.org/jira/browse/VUFIND-423
There are two different API

At least you can write a specific tool. Here http://catalogo.pusc.it/
you can see a integration done javascript (Koha and an other open web site).

Bye
Zeno Tajoli

---
Dr. Zeno Tajoli
Dipartimento Gestione delle Informazioni e della Conoscenza
z.tajoli at cineca.it
fax +39 02 2135520
CINECA - Sede operativa di Segrate