[Koha] exporting bibliographic records

schnydszch eugenegf at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 14:15:09 NZST 2013

My concern is to export everything supposedly but it only gives me 5,273
imported marc records and when I run your mysql query it gives me 56,962. I
have many item types and this includes newspaper articles aside from books.
First concern is why I only get exported 5,273 records. Second, when I
import by item type and tried it with books again ticking only item type
books and library all, I get in my export 5,261 out of 8,091 (8,091 is what
I get when I search the OPAC for itemtype books). I reviewed the MARC
records through Marcedit and get into the very last record, get its
biblionumber and painstakingly go to that record in OPAC results (in this
example, I get biblionumber 49087 and the next record 49089). So I export
again now putting 49089 in From biblionumber and nothing in To biblio
number: ) and I get 746 records. Adding up 5261 and 746 does not give me all
book item type. So that's 6007 and I went again in my opac result, went to
record no. 6007, compare the Marcedit from the OPAC search result and I have
the same record in search result # 6007 which is biblionumber 49851. And so
I export again now putting 49851 in From biblionumber and nothing in To
biblionumber: I get 1,978 records so adding it up in previous count of
6,007, I get 7985, 106 records short. And repeat the process until I get to
my desired MARC records. So, how come it did not export the MARC records in
first time export? Could this be a bug or something? Thanks and have a nice
day!