[Koha] Analytics in 3.10 - is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Sat May 4 10:33:32 NZST 2013

 I've been experimenting with 'Easy Analyticals'

UseControlNumber preference is set to "Don't use" and the
EasyAnalyticalRecords preference is set  to 'Display.'

I created a record, and then selected New child record and created an
analytic.
Then, following the instructions in the manual Chapter 5
http://es.koha-community.org/manual/3.10/en/cataloging.html#cataloganalytics
I linked the analytic to the host item.

This results in two 773 fields.  The first (created when adding a new child
record contains:

 w Host Record control number 005037189

  d Place, publisher, and date of publication Milwaukee : Hal Leonard,
[2002?]

  z International Standard Book Number 0634038788

  t Title Selections from O brother, where art thou? :

The second 773, presumably created when I linked to the parent contains the
above, plus

0 Host Biblionumber 19017

  9 Host Itemnumber 20551

When I go to the host item in the staff interface and click on Analytics it
says Used in 4 analytics ('4 analytics' is a link:
http://kohaadmin-test.efdss.org/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl?idx=hi&q=
20551

If I click on the link:
 No results found
No results match your search for 'hi,wrdl: 20551' in VWML Test Catalog.

So something about this search is broken. . . .

But if I put the host item number 20551  Into the search field, it returns
the children and the parent record.

The search for analyticals is driven by the host item number, which is not
included in the 773 that is created with a new child record. So you must
link the child to the parent.  But why create an additional 773? It looks
messy.

I was hoping that linking the child to the parent would create a recipricol
774 in the parent record, but this does not seem to be the case.

Related to this - there doesn't appear to be any way to look at analytics
in the OPAC.  Is this correct, or is there a setting that needs to be
checked?

Thanks
Elaine

I've tried it in Chrom and Firefox with the same result

--
Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler