[Koha] Koha and old books

Beda Szukics beda at kollegium-sarnen.ch
Wed May 1 00:53:41 NZST 2013

Hi all

I would like to use Koha to manage old and rare books according to the
rules what habe been established by the Informationsverbund
Deutschschweiz
(http://kids.informationsverbund.ch/kids_deutsch/a0kidsinh.pdf). In part
these rules are a translation of the AACR with some additions.

As much as I have understood there are three additions to the default
MARC framework that comes with Koha:

1. 752 $d is used for Place of publication in an authorized form.
Therefore it is linked to a thesaurus containing authorized names of cities.
2. A new MARC-field 901 is used for persons connected with the specific
item. They are specified by 8 different first indicators (autograph,
marginalia, owner ... but I think 4 of them are not item-specific).
3. A new MARC-field 902 is used for corporate names connected with the
item. Again there are 6 first indicators (owner, publisher ... again not
all item-specific).

What have I done so far?

I created a new MARC framework for old book.
I copied the subfields from 700 to 901, from 710 to 902
I linked 901 $a to the thesaurus PERSO_NAME, 902 $a to CORPO_NAME

I added in etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/record.abs:

melm 901$9      Cross-Reference,Koha-Auth-Number
melm 901$a      Author,Author:p
melm 901$n      Thematic-number
melm 901$t      Author-title,Name-and-title,Title,Title-uniform
melm 901
Author,Author:p,Author-name-personal,Name,Editor,Personal-name
melm 902$t      Author-title,Name-and-title,Title,Title-uniform
melm 902$a      Name-and-title
melm 902$9      Koha-Auth-Number
melm 902        Author,Author:p,Corporate-name,Name

(I copied those sections from 700 and 710)

With these changings I can find the persons and the corporate
authorities connected with the records of my old books. I can't do a
specific search for them (for example: the owner of a book without
having all the records in wich he/she is an author).

In my next step I tried to make the authorized Place of publication
usable. I created first a new type of authority record (Erscheinungs-
oder Druckort), as suggested in
http://kids.informationsverbund.ch/kids_deutsch/aut.pdf. I copied the
framework for geographical names and added a field 152 with the
subfields $d Name of the place, $6 and $8

I added in  etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/authorities/record.abs
# Ansetzung Erscheinungsort
melm 152$d
Name-geographic-heading:w,Name-geographic-heading:w,Name-geographic-heading:s,Name-geographic:w,Name-geographic:p,Heading:w,Heading:p,Heading:s,Heading-Main:w,Heading-Main:p,Heading-Main:s,Match:w,Match:p,Match-heading:w,Match-heading:p
melm 152
Name-geographic:w,Name-geographic:p,Name-geographic:s,Heading:w,Heading:p,Heading:s,Match:w,Match:p,Match-heading:w,Match-heading:p

And in etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/record.abs

melm 752$d      Name-geographic
melm 752$9      Koha-Auth-Number
melm 752        Name-geographic

and hoped that would work too. Unfortunatly that's not the case. I can't
search for the places.

What is my mistake?

Are my additions for the fields 901 and 902 correct?

Greetings            Beda