[Koha] Patron data transfer to KOHA

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 01:19:03 NZDT 2013

Hi Hagar,

>Hi,
>
>We use TESS system for our students data and I want to know if it is
>possible to transfer our patron data to KOHA ?
>
>We plan also to move from TESS to PowerSchool data information system for
>students. Do you know if it is possible to transfer data from PowerSchool to
>KOHA ?
>
>We have also some data in excel sheets, how about its transfer to excel to
>KOHA ?

I don't know about TESS or PowerSchool but you can definitely transfer patron data in Excel to Koha. IF TESS or PowerSchool can export out as csv you'll be good to go too.

There are several Koha demo online and you could take one for a spin to try (check koha-community.org). You can also transfer biblio records in Excel also to Koha but that is not as straight forward as the patron import.

Olugbenga Adara

Skype: gbengaadara
Blog: http://gbengaadara.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/gbengaadara