[Koha] Koha 3.12 feature freeze

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Sat Mar 23 17:54:27 NZDT 2013

Hello.

It is 11:54pm on March 22 in Lima, Peru, and Koha 3.12 is now in feature
freeze. This means that further enhancements and new features will not be
considered for inclusion in Koha 3.12. We have the next two months to focus
on fixing bugs and making Koha 3.12 the most stable Koha release ever.

Sometime in the next few days I will be releasing a beta of Koha 3.12. I
hope everyone will take some time to test it and shake out all the bugs
before the final release on May 22.

The next date to be aware of is May 1. On May 1 the master branch enters
string freeze and no patches that make changes to the text of any part of
the Koha web interface (including documentation patches!) will be accepted
so that the translators have plenty of time to get 3.12 translated.

Regards,
Jared

P.S. Any enhancement or feature patch that did not apply or that I marked
failed QA today is not eligible for 3.12.
P.P.S. There is one feature (bug 5343) that I pushed due to librarian and
developer interest even though it was not 100% ready. I will revert it if
unit tests are not provided by March 29, as noted on the bug.

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/