[Koha] KohaCon Planning Meeting Update

Keener, Nancy NKeener at washoecounty.us
Wed Mar 20 08:28:53 NZDT 2013

We had a KohaCon 13 planning meeting today.   Daylight savings started this month for us, and I remembered that after the meeting started.  So, if you went at the correct time and nobody was there, we came and went already.  Nancy is 1 for 3 dealing with UTC.

We are looking for someone to be a Co-Chair (must be able to figure UTC correctly)

We need an Opening Speaker who is free (past and present RMs are welcome)

We need a Master of Ceremonies to introduce people, and keep things moving

Cut-off date to submit presentations is April 15 (tax day!)  get yours in today!
We have proposals for training, Koha history, being a newbie, round table discussions, running Koha on a virtual server, telephone messaging, and more.

We will be creating a contact list of libraries and users (voluntary of course), people you can talk to.

There will be a "GoPro" camera for filming (Todd Cam ADHD) not sure how educational it will be, but certainly entertaining.

Next KohaCon 13 Planning Meeting:  April 23 at 21 UTC

"I would go to this conference even if it wasn't free, but it is!"   Sign up today!  We need the numbers registered at the hotel for our free meeting space and AV.

http://koha-community.org/kohacon/kohacon13

Nancy Keener
Systems Librarian
I.T.O.S.C. Chair