[Koha] FW: OPAC files not secured ---

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Fri Mar 15 02:15:09 NZDT 2013

At 12:13 PM 3/14/2013 +0200, Sina Stewart wrote:
>Hi that's great , that's make folders secured but file path still can
>accessed from http://192.168.1.25/opac-tmpl/prog/en/css/opac.css or any
>files included in that folders Css , moduled , inc , any suggestion
>
>edit your koha-httd.conf, and after your DocumentRoot add linestu restric
>directory indexes
>    DocumentRoot /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs
>    <Directory /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs>        Options
> -Indexes   </Directory>

You're confusing directories and files -- of course the .css *file* is
available (how would your users' browsers function properly without
it?)  If you can still access the directory
<http://192.168.1.25/opac-tmpl/prog/en/css/>, please read on...

You didn't say what o/s you are using and how you installed and configured
apache2, so the following (Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS, Koha 3.8.5, just verified on
my sandbox) may have to be modified to suit your set up:

$ cd /etc/apache2/sites-available/
$ sudo vi koha
[after doc root add
<Directory /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs>
      Options -Indexes
</Directory>
:x]
$ sudo a2ensite koha [may say 'already enabled']
$ sudo service apache2 reload
$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

This is fairly basic www server management (we've had it in place ever
since we went "public") -- please try it at
<http://opac.navalmarinearchive.com/opac-tmpl/prog/en/css/> which gives the
desired 403 page.

Best - Paul