[Koha] How can I make backups?

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel bgkriegel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 01:20:08 NZDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:13 AM, Araik Manukyan <araik at flib.sci.am> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>

> I have installed. Koha 10.02 but now I'm unable to make backups for marc
> records.
>

> How can I make backups?
>
>  I  have tried script bin/cronjobs/backup.sh but it has  generated
> following
> error

> ./cronjobs/backup.sh: 1: ./cronjobs/backup.sh: xmlstarlet: not found

Hi,
the script depends on xmlstarlet tool to read Koha configuration file

You have 2 options:
1) Install xmlstarlet
2) Edit the script and fill by hand the required data: koha db name, user,
password, host, port, etc.

Or you can read the script to look how the backup is made, then write your
own script. The important line is the one with "mysqldump"

Regards,
Bernardo