[Koha] Fwd: Importing MARC from the Command Line

Bob Elgie bob.elgie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 14:56:19 NZST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bob Elgie <bob.elgie at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Koha] Importing MARC from the Command Line
To: Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com>

I meant that the LC description of Leader position 05 is "Record status"
and states that "c" in position 05 indicates "Corrected or revised.
Addition/change other than in the Encoding level code has been made to the
record."

I've understood this to mean that ILS software developers have the option
to use this byte in the leader to update an existing biblio, which sounds
like what you wanted to do by matching on ISBN. I expect that implementing
this in software would match on tag 001 instead.

I've wondered why koha doesn't (as I believe) do this, while taking care
not to over-write tags 9XX or links. Too tricky?

I hope that clarifies.

Bob