[Koha] "No copies available" for all items after importing MARC records

Steven Nickerson snicker1 at maine.rr.com
Sat Jun 22 08:45:09 NZST 2013

Hi everyone,

   I'm running Koha 3.12.0.0 installed from the Debian packages.   I've used
MarcEdit to create some MARC records to import our "holdings" but when I
search ALL items come up showing "No copies available" for an Availability
status.   I did pretty much the same thing a couple of months back on our
"test" environment and was successful at getting all of our records imported
and created a "template" / map file in MarcEdit that I used again this time
to try to import into our "production" system, but  am now getting this
message for all items.   I'm not 100% sure what version of Koha our "test"
system was running (and it is now shutdown), but is it possible that some
fields are now in different places in the database?

I have looked at items.barcode, items.homelibrary, and items.holdinglibrary
and all 3 of those fields have correct values in my current database.are
there other fields that are required for Koha to know that we actually hold
a copy of that item for check-out?

I also did notice on the MARC import in Koha that the "MARC21" encoding set
was NOT an available choice.only UTF-8 and MARC8 and a couple of
others.could this have something to do with it?   Are my records not getting
imported properly, perhaps?  If so, how do I enable MARC21 format in Koha?

Any ideas what I might be missing or where else to look?

THANKS!

Steve