[Koha] error on import Marc Record from z39.50 servers listed in Koha (Mesfin Teshome) - SOLVED

Mesfin Teshome mesfinatyh at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 19 19:33:47 NZST 2013

Hi all,
I thought this might help some people. I asked in this forum about the import Marc Record from Z39.50 servers. The problem was not consistent. So I was out of ideas or other options. I wanted to do an in place upgrade on the existing 3.12 with the 3.12 installation files thinking this would fix if there are any database inconsistencies. But before I did that I thought I should update the system (Ubuntu 12.04). So I did sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade. This upgraded MySQL and other python and perl components. I restarted the system and wanted to try importing the same books again before I did the in place upgrade (re-installtion). And VIOLA ...I was able to import the books. Case solved and librarians happy with the upgrade.
Mesfin