[Koha] Koha multiple instance

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 19 14:58:14 NZST 2013

Greetings,

> But I might be missing something.
> I'm trying koha-create --create-db instancename.
> The one I created point me to my first koha instance installation.

Did you convert your regular install to a packages based install?

> I don't see /etc/koha_newinstancename, usr/share/koha_newinstancename,
> I should be seeing those right?

/etc/koha/sites/instance_name/... This represents how the configuration
files for each instance.

As for /usr/share/koha_newinstancename: no. The source code for Koha doesn't
change for a new instance, the database and the apache configuration does.
The apache configuration will point at the configuration files for the given
instance found in the directory I listed above.

> A database is created koha_newinstancename.

Of course. :)

> The document root in apache is still
> /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs & /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs,
> used by my first Koha instance. I might be missing something?

Of course, because as I said, the source code doesn't change, only the
configuration files (/etc/koha/sites/instance_name/...), the database, and
the apache configuration files (/etc/apache2/sites-available/instance_name
and /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/instance_name)

Hopefully that makes some sense. Sorry if I have answered out of turn or
incorrectly. :)

GPML,
Mark Tompsett