[Koha] koha error log

schnydszch eugenegf at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 28 03:11:25 NZST 2013

Hello koha users & developers. I have Koha 3.12.x installed in debian 6.x.
This thing is bothering my server for quite some time. I just recently added
in collection codes for our catalog, so only those new items have there
collection codes. I'm getting the following error in
/var/log/koha/../opac-error log:
opac-detail.pl: Use of uninitialized value $ccode in exists at
/usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/opac-detail.pl line 568. This repeats I
think for all my items. So this is in error log and occupy a lot in my
server. So, I have to delete this error log in order to free up space in my
server, I think for every search that is happening in my opac, it logs all
items that has no collection code in the error log? Now, my question is how
do I prevent this except from adding collection code on this items since I
don't know yet what collection code to use in my present catalog. I'm
thinking of automating the deletion of this error log, but I might mess up.
Right now, I'm doing the deleting manually. And it's kind of a daunting task
checking every now and then if my server is growing bigger because of this.
Thank you in advance and cheers!