[Koha] Text::Unaccent perl module make test error

Victor Pang victorp at netmedia.com.sg
Wed Jul 24 01:43:31 NZST 2013

I have finally hand-compiled all required Perl Modules for koha, except for
Graphics::Magick (GM) and Text::Unaccent (TU), on OS X Server 10.8. The
reason I don't use CPAN is that OS X 10.8 uses Perl in some of its operation
plus a OS Software Update will most probably wipe off CPAN modifications.

GM has problem with one test file (t/montage.t) while it passes the rest of
the tests. I am in communication with the GM list to resolve that particular
problem.

As for TU, I can't find any list to search for an answer. TU's "perl
Makefile.PL" has no issue; "make" gives me 2 warnings each when compiling
both Unaccent.c and unac.c. But "make test" fails completely:

sc20130316a:Text-Unaccent-1.08 seradmin$ make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
"test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/unac.t .. Failed 3/4 subtests

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/unac.t (Wstat: 11 Tests: 1 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero wait status: 11
  Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 4 tests but ran 1.
Files=1, Tests=1,  0 wallclock secs ( 0.02 usr  0.01 sys +  0.01 cusr  0.00
csys =  0.04 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 1/1 test programs. 0/1 subtests failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255

(The above test was done by moving the DEBUG line above the 3 tests as noted
in the README file if I encountered a problem.)

Does anyone has a problem installing Text::Unaccent on their (linux) system?