[Koha] Koha Reports and Info

Phillip Ponchot pponchot at live.com
Tue Jul 9 18:49:04 NZST 2013

As a tech, I have some background in SQL but I'm trying to get a handle on Koha's database and report system.

I currently have two reports which are SQL created as far as I can tell.  (I've tried to duplicate it via the Report Generator and it didn't work out for me).

The SQL is:

Today:

SELECT distinctrow date(datetime) as Date, type as Type, count(*) as Count FROM statistics,
borrowers WHERE (statistics.borrowernumber=borrowers.borrowernumber)
AND datetime is not null AND date(datetime) = date(now()) group by type order by datetime

Yesterday:

SELECT distinctrow date(datetime) as Date, type as Type, count(*) as Count FROM statistics,
borrowers WHERE (statistics.borrowernumber=borrowers.borrowernumber)
AND datetime is not null AND date(datetime) = date(subdate(now(), interval 1 day))
group by type order by datetime

I'm trying to add to this report the following:

1.  A count of the number of new patron cards issued.
2.  A count of the number of patron cards renewed.

If anyone could give me a push in the right direction, I would appreciate it as I am lost right now.