[Koha] Help Re: Journal Articles

Alice Esguerra kaces08 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 16:33:20 NZST 2013

Hello everyone,

We are new with Koha, we started 2 years ago with Koha 2.9 and recently
migrated to Koha 3.12 (May of this year).

My concern is about our periodical indexes. We have manually encoded about
1000 records of indexes to journal and magazine articles. I'd like to
create a MARC framework for this. Can somebody please help us as to what
MARC tags to use for the framework? I have seen the discussion about
"Analytics" but I don't think this is applicable to us because we only
prepared records for the "component articles" while the "parent or host
item" (for journals) were not recorded in our OPAC. Our objective is to
make a simple framework that is searchable and wouldn't have any conflict
with the MARC rules.

We really hope to hear from you. Thank you in advance!

alice

--
Alicia C. Esguerra
Associate Professor I/ Librarian