[Koha] Zebra Indexing

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 00:45:46 NZST 2013

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 7:17 AM, gm3.bappy <gm3.bappy at gmail.com> wrote:

> We had used KOHA 3.0.2. In that version, after adding a record like Book.
> It
> was automatic shown in search. But this time we update the version to 3.10.
> In this version, after adding a record, Books dont shown in search
> automatically. It needs to re indexing by manually or cron, then It shows.

That's because you were using the NoZebra mode, which was deprecated after
3.2 (or a bit later, not sure).

> Is there any way to display the book by searching without re indexing?

Is not a "re indexing" task, but a "update indexes" one. To reflect your
changes. The command-line script used for that is the same you use for a
full reindex.

If you are using a tarball install you could try installing
Koha::Contrib::Tamil and setting a background indexing daemon as documented
here http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Background_indexing_with_Zebra

Regards
To+