[Koha] Customise OPAC title bar and additional search options

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jul 5 03:57:05 NZST 2013

Op 04/07/13 16:13, Paul schreef:
> [version 3.8] Yes, it's hard coded in the templates (*.tt -- example
> opac-main.tt, opac-results.tt, etc) in
> /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en/modules between
> 'doc-head-open.inc' and 'doc-head-close.inc'...  I once edited all of
> these (we also prefer English English to US English), but you lose
> some|many|most of them on upgrades. And there's many more uses of the US
> spelling 'catalog' -- see your para 2. (below) "Library Catalog"

No, the default language is en-US which uses "catalog". In en-NZ it's
catalogue, in nl it's catalogus, in fr it seems to also be catalogue.
Koha handles all of this just fine, using the translation system.

The values aren't really hardcoded: they're in the file because that's
where they go, but they are changed as needed when translations are updated.

If you're editing the templates to get custom or regional vocabulary,
you are doing it wrong. Instead you should run a translation or develop
your own based on the most appropriate for your library's wants.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.