[Koha] Thoughts on volunteering

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 13:12:14 NZST 2013

Hello Jared

>But you know what? I don't expect to be paid for all that time I spent
>volunteering my time for the community. Volunteering my time to build Koha
>3.12 was its own (sometimes frustrating) reward. That's what Open Source is
>all about*, and I am proud to be a member of a community that understands
>this.

Once again, this is another opportunity to say a big thank you to you and all the great people who has contributed to making Koha what it is today.

Anytime I think about how awesome Koha is, my heart feels gratitude to this wonderful community. For us in Nigeria, Koha has provided the major option (if not the only one) to library automation as most other options are just too expensive for over 90% of libraries in Nigeria to afford.

And I am also proud to be a member of this community. One which I have found very helpful in several circumstances.

Bravo all.

Olugbenga Adara

Skype: gbengaadara
Blog: http://gbengaadara.blogspot.com