[Koha] Cron does not trigger email notifications script - help

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Jul 1 22:43:12 NZST 2013

On 01/07/13 08:04, satish wrote:
> When the message_queue.pl script run manually, I was getting following
> error previously.
>
> root at gechlibrary:/usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs# ./process_message_queue.pl
> unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 375.
> Can't call method "config" on unblessed reference at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 793.
>
> at the line no: 192, I modified with proper location of koha-conf.xml
> loaded. and retried running the script. afterwords,  there were no errors.
> and this is the reason, I edited the file /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm

That may work, but will be obliterated on the next upgrade and may cause
problems if you are serving multiple libraries.

The normal way to help scripts locate the configuration file is like this:

KOHA_CONF=/path/to/koha-conf.xml ./process_message_queue.pl

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef), member of www.software.coop, a for-more-than-profit co-op