[Koha] Some queries on Koha Software

Vinod Kumar Mishra vinod_librarian at rediffmail.com
Mon Jan 28 19:28:38 NZDT 2013

Dear Jha,

You can generate reports via reports option for unlocking fields please go to Administration › System Preferences>authorities and select allow option in BiblioAddsAuthorities.

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:21:51 +0530  wrote

Dear Sir/ Madam,

1.  This is with reference to our Telephonic call Yesterday.

2.  I am pleased to share with you that we at Amity University, Noida have switched over to Koha Software.

3.  While cataloguing the Books we are facing some problems as below :

    (i)  The tag No. 100, 440, 650, 658 and 700 are locked i.e it does not write anything when we try to make proper entry over there.

    (ii)  Z 39.50 is not functioning. When we try to import details of any title from z39.50 it does not appear saying that there is some connection error.

    (iii)  About some 40,000 books have been entered in Koha by the vendor. we neeed to know their new accession number so that it could be changed accordingly on the proper book. You are kindly requested to let us know that from where the reports of books already in Koha could be generated on excel sheet.( Accession register)

Thanking You

Bibhuti Nath Jha

Asst. Librarian, Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh

Koha at lists.katipo.co.nz

With regards,
Vinod Kumar Mishra,
Senior Library Information Assistant,