[Koha] Make test fail in upgrading from 3.10.1 to 3.10.2

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 26 07:42:51 NZDT 2013

Greetings,

> I am trying to upgrade Koha from 3.10.1 to 3.10.2 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS but
> make test commanding is failing again and again with the following output:
[snip]
> Can someone suggest me any solution?

Since you said "any", I would recommend Ubuntu 12.04 LTS instead of Ubuntu
10.04 LTS. Newer versions of Koha use newer libraries which may or may not
function well on 10.04. Also, I would recommend packages, so you don't have
to build it. It turns upgrading into a snap for versions of Koha higher than
3.4.x:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
And sometimes:
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
when the dependencies upgrade for Koha.

You could spend time and effort attempt to figure out why Calendar.t is
failing, but that could cause you many more headaches.

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Moving_an_installation_from_a_regular_install_to_the_Debian_packages
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages

GPML,
Mark Tompsett