[Koha] A general query about UI customization

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 15:10:05 NZDT 2013

Hi Chris,

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM, Chris Cormack <chrisc at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
> * Indranil Das Gupta (indradg at gmail.com) wrote:

<snipped>

> b) Is almost always the best option, Next best is to use the
> translation tools to create a local .po file, edit that and generate a
> new set of templates.

Great tip! I hadn't thought about the .po file at all! :-)

Except for the 00X range plugin popups, I've been using the jQuery
route for everything else.

> What usually happens is if people do a few a) they then decide
> upgrading is hard, and don't upgrade for things like bug or security
> releases and make a rod for their own backs.

Exactly the reason why I asked this. I've been seeing way too many
Indian customization efforts head the way of option a) and then break
totally between versions.

thanks
-Indra

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg