[Koha] Movie cover images

Julien Sicot julien.sicot at univ-rennes2.fr
Wed Jan 16 10:04:19 NZDT 2013

Hi Cab,

This is not a solution based on amazon web services but for information, we use the tmdb api (http://docs.themoviedb.apiary.io/) to retrieve movie covers on koha.
Even if this api don't provide full coverage of your movies, it shows good potential.
You can see an example here : http://catalogue.bu.univ-rennes2.fr/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?idx=pb&q=Paramount%20pictures%20[%C3%A9d.,%20distrib.]
To implement it, we used JQuery (see searchPoster function in http://catalogue.bu.univ-rennes2.fr/opac-tmpl/rennes2/js/script.js) and this PHP proxy web service https://gist.github.com/4541962

Regards,
--
Julien Sicot
Responsable Système d'Information Documentaire