[Koha] Adoption and user perceptions of Koha library management system in India

Vimal Kumar V. vimal0212 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 23:58:05 NZDT 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Zeno Tajoli <z.tajoli at cineca.it> wrote:

> Dear Vimal,
>
> >My journal article published. It deals with a survey based on Koha users
> in
> >India.
> >V., Vimal Kumar, and Jasimudeen S. "Adoption and user perceptions of Koha
> library management system in India."
> >Annals of Library and Information Studies (ALIS) 59.4 (2012): 223-230.
>
> in your article I see:
>
> p. 228: "Koha lacks customised cataloguing
> framework with minimum data entry fields."e
>
> Why do they not use fast cataloguing framework ?

In my view Fast Cataloguing framework does not included commonly used
fields.
Pls see an example of cataloguing framework librarians like to see,

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/6kn46zDYIuISdR5ps5jx59MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

> "Serials management module does not connect with
> budget and it lacks article indexing feature."
> Could you write a report about missing features in serials
> for Koha newsletter ?

I think a group of suggestions already posted in bugzilla by various
librarians from India.

--
Vimal Kumar V.
Mahatma Gandhi University Library