[Koha] Trouble with new items in processing

Agnes Rivers-Moore arm at hanover.ca
Sat Jan 12 11:05:15 NZDT 2013

Dear Koha friends

First, my apologies if this is a repeat - I posted and waited 4 hours
before trying again.

We just upgraded to Koha 3.6, build 10.
We turned on the NewItemsDefaultLocation setting.
(We are not using the processing to cart option.)

According to the manual, the act of checking in an item should revert
the PROC location to the permanent location as catalogued.

This is not happening for us.
The location does change from Shelves to In Processing when the item is
saved.
However it does not revert to the saved location when the item is
checked in. Location is still PROC.

I checked the table row, and it does have location PROC, permanent
location Shelves.
After checking it in, timestamp is updated, but the two location columns
are not changed.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

Thank you
Agnes