[Koha] Problems with CPAN during installation

Adam Bond sales at bondwebdesign.com
Mon Feb 25 05:51:09 NZDT 2013

Hi, I am trying to install Koha to my VPS, which has CENTOS6, and am using the
instructions here:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.6_on_Centos_6.2_i386

I have got down to the CPAN stage, and have tried to run these commands:

perl koha_perl_deps.pl -m | grep 'Yes' | awk '{print "cpan -i -f "$1}' >
perl-modules-install
sh perl-modules-install

but it keeps saying
"Warning: expected file [/root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz.tmp24576]
doesn't exist"

and when I check in my /root/.cpan/sources/authors folder, there are 29 files
there, named "01mailrc.txt.tmp15948" and suchlike, but their filesize is 0, so
they are empty. Presumably something went wrong when CPAN was installed, and it
tried to extract the 01mailrc.txt.gz.tmpxxxxx files, but somehow failed?