[Koha] multiple installation

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Fri Feb 22 02:30:02 NZDT 2013

Aleya,

I'm trying to run multiple libraries with koha (standard installation of
> koha 3.08.09.tar.gz) on a single server & single installation of koha
> (Debian squeeze Linux Based). I’ve used koha common package for necessary
> perl module. Then I've change of the necessary section of conf file and
> virtual host. Now the problem arises in the searching of the OPAC and Staff
> Client. All the opac shows the same search result though I've rebuild them
> differently. Actually it shows the last rebuild index on searching.  Any
> fruitful suggestion on this regards?

You should use packages for installing multiple instances on a single
server. Actually, you should use packages in all circumstances, but this is
a case when the packages are particularly useful. The koha-common package
has scripts for all the instance administration. If you insist on using the
tarball for installation, you will just have to adjust paths, etc.,
manually (and be prepared for problems any time you want to upgrade).

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/