[Koha] Why holds on restricted items?

Vinod Kumar Mishra vinod_librarian at rediffmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:56:41 NZDT 2013

Hi,

I am also facing similar type of problem, For example i have restricted some item category type so that it could not be placed on hold and it does not allow for hold via OPAC as desired but problem is when someone is returning the restricted item it gives massage that item is on Hold?

Please note, under same biblio their are different item types for example I have not allowed Hold on Book Bank books which is issued for whole semester so it does not allow hold on that, but if someone has placed Hold on next available item of same biblio record than it shows item is on Hold at the time of returning.

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:15:55 +0530  wrote
>Hi,

Does anyone know why I can place a hold on an biblio with items that have use restrictions (952$5 ) ?

You can even confirm the hold. So a mail goes out: Waiting for you.,etc.

But note that such items cannot be checked out.

What would be the use of placing and confirming holds on items you cannot check out?

Perhaps I am missing something? Did not see any reference in the manual either.

Regards,

Marcel

Koha at lists.katipo.co.nz

With regards,