[Koha] Best way to install koha in ubuntu 12.04?

davidlamhauge davidlamhauge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:58:10 NZDT 2013

Strangely enough, It's hard to describe it better.
1) I tried to install from source. I followed all instructions, but couldn't
get the web-installer working. So I uninstalled koha again.
2) I tried installing koha-common from packages using of the guides. I
couldn't get an instance working. Again I uninstalled.
3) I tried installing koha. Now the web-installer worked. I created a
library, a patron with superprivilliges, catalogued books and so on.
Everything seemed to work, but - there were no books, when I searched for
them! After two days of trial'n error, and asking around, I uninstalled
again.
4) Since then I have tried to install and uninstall 4-6 times. There are no
error-messages when I do so, but I haven't seen the web-installer since.

I have - in despair - manually deleted all files and directories I could
find, that were called 'koha', but no luck what so ever...

I have installed and uninstalled twice today. No error messages.
I even tried to uninstall apache and mysql, and installing them again.
Nothing works........

I consider spending the weekend on making a clean server install, but if
someone had better ideas, I am all ears!