[Koha] Introduction to Prosentient Systems

Irma Birchall irma at calyx.net.au
Mon Feb 18 14:38:21 NZDT 2013

On 15 February 2013 11:52, David Cook <dcook at prosentient.com.au> wrote:

> G’day, Koha folks:
>
> My name is David Cook and while some of you might recognize my name from
> the
> #koha IRC channel or some of my patches on Bugzilla, I would actually like
> today to introduce the Australian Koha support provider that I work for:
> Prosentient Systems.
>
> Prosentient has been implementing, hosting, and supporting Koha since about
> 2005, but has only recently become active in the online community following
> my arrival from Canada in early 2012. As time goes on, we hope to become
> more and more involved and contribute more to this wonderful community. To
> that end, I would like to request a listing on the koha-community.org List
> of Support Companies ...
>

> Hi David,

We have seen you about on IRC but have not had the opportunity to converse
directly.  Welcome to the Koha community.

We welcome your efforts to lead your organisation towards the community
after so many years and we wish you well. You will benefit from not having
to maintain your fork and the community will benefit from the participation
of your customers.  Well done.

I'm aware that you hold one or more trademarks of the Koha name in
Australia.  This is not in the spirit of the project, in our opinion.  Koha
belongs to the community, through its copyright holders.  The community has
nominated Horowhenua Library Trust to hold property of the Koha project.  I
recommend you have a discussion with Jo Ransom about these trademarks.  We
don't want another Liblime-like episode any time soon.

CALYX has no objection to the listing.
Again, welcome.

With best regards,
Irma
Irma Birchall
CEO & Founder : CALYX information essentials
Koha & Kete implementations and services
T: +61 (2) 80061603 ~ M: +61 (0) 413 510 717
irma at calyx.net.au ~ www.calyx.net.au
Participating in the Open Source projects:
http://koha-community.org & http://kete.net.nz
Koha-oz elist: