[Koha] Rental book collection - suppressing rental items

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel bgkriegel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:54:17 NZDT 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Kevin Unrath <kunrath at mplmain.mtpl.org> wrote:
> Does anyone else out there have a rental book or dvd collection they are providing to customers using Koha?  We have been charged (no pun intended) by our board to provide popular books and dvds on a "first come/first served" rental basis, for a nominal charge.  I can see how to set up the rental fees, but I can't figure out how to make the items non-holdable (which is necessary to make the collection first come/first served).  Is it just a matter of suppressing the items that will be rented?  Do they need separate bib records?

I think it is not possible to restrict hols on a given item, only at
item type level by circulation rules.

So, you can disable holds for the item type (not good) or create new
item types ("Popular Books, Popular DVDs") with holds disabled and
assign items to them.

Holds enabled and disabled items could coexist in the same record.
When an item is not more popular, edit and assign it to the original type.

Regards,
Bernardo