[Koha] Importing records

Steven Nickerson snicker1 at maine.rr.com
Sun Feb 10 11:11:08 NZDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm building a new environment for a Library that currently has a
custom-built library system with a MySQL back-end DB.   I've gone through
the process outlined at
http://www.botskool.com/geeks/how-import-excel-data-koha to export my
existing MySQL data to Excel, converting it with MarcEdit, and then staging
it in Koha.   The process works without errors but I have the following 2
problems I'm wondering if anyone can help me with:

-          The "TITLE" for all of my records imported it empty ("No Title"
show up for everything).  Does anyone know what MARC21 field designator I
should be mapping my title to?  I've tried 130$a, 222$a, and 240$a and none
of them seem to be the proper field

-          I get all of my bibliographic records (without titles) but they
all show up as having no holdings/copies available.   What do I need to do
to get the "No items available" to show that I have copies available?   I
had done a migration from Athena to Koha preciously and had a similar issue
and used the athena2marc.pl module to resolve this "no holdings" issue in
that case, but I'm not sure what I need to do to get "holdings" to show up
in this case

THANKS!

Steve