[Koha] unrecognized Armenian and Russian letters

Haik Zargaryan haikzargaryan at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 19:14:08 NZDT 2013

Dear friends,

You may know, that when we search for a record in the OPAC, in the Results page koha offers us some additional authors to refine our search. Here we have a bug for the names written in Armenian and Russian letters.

When I click on the author name new page is opened but no result is found. The reason is that although the name in the Refine search tab is displayed correctly, when we click on it koha does not recognize some letters and generates a new query with unrecognized characters. I am more than sure that this is the problem because when I substitute the unrecognized characters in the generated link with the proper ones koha retrieves the queried records.

Here is a link to a screenshot wich may be helpful for you.
http://www.flib.sci.am/arm/archive/image/arm1.png

Thanks in advance,
Haik.