[Koha] Does anybody know?

Phillip Ponchot pponchot at live.com
Tue Dec 31 22:17:30 NZDT 2013

I've built a new Koha 3.12 Ubuntu Server and have transferred the old Koha 3.0 database to the new Koha 3.12 server.

Since the database is so old, I've tried to upgrade it to 3.4 after I've used mysql to import the database into Koha 3.12 so that it will be recognized by the new Koha 3.12 server.

I've run the "upgrade-to-Koha-3.4" command to try to bring the 3.0 Koha database to the 3.4 level but all I get is pages of "mysql failed - fetch () without execute() at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/context.pm line 1030".

I can't log in as the a staff user of the old database and if I use the "signin" given by the new install, Koha 3.12 just wants to recreate the koha_library database and wipe out all the information that I've imported.

I've read countless blogs, messages etc but nothing suggested or tried has worked.

Does any have any idea how to move an old database to such a new koha 3.12 install?  I've tried countless directions but nothing is working!

Do I need to hire someone to "transform" the old database so it will work on the new server?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Phillip