[Koha] Problem with the upgrade - OPAC search not working

Amber Bole aabole at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 06:52:42 NZDT 2013

Happy (almost) new year everyone :)

I'm in the process of upgrading a very old 3.0 installation to the most
current version - I have to say that this process has been really quite
nice - Thanks to everyone involved!

I've hit a slight snag near the end with the zebra reindex - and I'm not
100% sure where I have gone wrong.

If I bring up the console, I can run reports and see that all the books are
in the database.  However, when I try to search for a very common word, I
have 0 hits.

I was a little confused about userids, and there's a chance that I've still
got something without the proper permission, but I've just run out of
ideas, and was hoping you might be able to help.

Using  http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2013-December/038228.html
Step #6, I get an error:

Records exported: 8897
======================
REINDEXING zebra
======================
12:39:24-30/12 zebraidx(13255) [warn] Failed to open
/var/lib/koha/mgskoha/biblios/register/rci-0.mf [Permission denied]
12:39:24-30/12 zebraidx(13255) [fatal] mf_read2 reci internal error
CLEANING

That is the only error left - and the file doesn't exist.... I even tried
creating the register directory and an empty rci-0.mf file (and making both
world read/write/executable) but I still see the error.   Is there a log or
something that I can look in to find more information?

Thanks in advance

Amber
<http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2013-December/038228.html>