[Koha] Koha Rebuild and Upgrade - If I only had a brain!

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Dec 20 12:54:28 NZDT 2013

Phillip Ponchot schreef op do 19-12-2013 om 00:26 [-0800]:
> My situation is that Koha is tied to the web server and of course most of the data is in the Koha databases.

Yep.

> As I understand, I have to:
>
> 1.  Install Koha.
> 2.  Upgrade Koha.
> 3.  Dump the Koha Database.
> 4.  Copy it to a pen drive (the old server is no longer connected to the intranet).
> 5.  Import the Koha Database
>
> 6.  It is my understanding at this point that I have to do something to get the New Koha to recognize the imported database as the format will still be in the old Koha Format.  Can anyway tell me what commands and how to to this?

The instructions detailed here:

http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2013-December/038228.html

are pretty much all you need, they cover the update process too (which
is step 5.) Just adapt them to your situation as needed.

> 7.  Also all the web pages are done via Koha (maybe via WordPress).  Does anyone know the procedures to get this back up and working?

Not really, that's not a thing Koha does generally, so you'll have to
just redo however you did it in the first place.

> I've got a good feeling about this but I know from technical experience with other programs that doing things in the right steps is crucial.  I do read the instructions but sometimes there are little catches that are not included.

It's fairly straightforward really, and once you have a database dump
saved somewhere safe, there's nothing that can go wrong that you can't
fix.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.