[Koha] Koha Users of North America Email List

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Tue Dec 17 14:14:58 NZDT 2013

At 02:44 PM 12/16/2013 -0600, Nicole Engard wrote:
>Can we also get this list added to the list of mailing lists on the Koha
>site?

No suggestion of a "fictional conspiracy theory", but a couple of days ago
we were happy to see that Koha belongs to the international Koha community,
and that [American] PTFS had lost in court.

So why an "American" list? (and from another thread, "American" meeting?)

I'm in Canada so the idea that "discussion will at times [be?] related to
issues more important to users in North America" is tempting. But possibly
divisive, or worse, discriminatory.

Koha is open source *software*, and while translations, char sets that
transcend UTF-8, whatever, may occasionally be nationalistic, why another list?

Ms Blake -- could you please explain why I should sign up to your new list?
And what might be "more important" to NA users that is not appropriate on
this list?

Thanks and best regards,
Paul